Monday, January 10, 2011

Hello

This blog will be dedicated to me growing my hair out as well as the combination of what I'm learning...ie:growth.
I like it and I hope you will too!
Here's where it all began...
I decided to grow my hair long again. It's been almost 2 years since I cut it short and I'm ready to try and grow it out again.
Here is a picture of today.
the bottom is shoulder length and the top is about 3-4 inches long with my bangs at the bottom of my lip.

Today we are focusing on growth in the facet of where you came from, where you are going.
Here's a list of questions I'm going to use when looking at last year. I include God in my journey but the questions are able to be answered even if you find yourself not in a place of believing in God.



What were five places (experiences, relationships, moments in time) when you felt most alive with God this year?

What were five places (experiences, relationships, moments in time) when you felt most distant from God this year?

What did you read (books, blogs, devotionals, quotes) that helped you sense God’s presence in new ways, helped reframe a situation or leader you to better questions?

What pieces of scripture or literature were influential to your growth this year?

What people were influential in your growth this year?

What new questions are you asking yourself?  What questions are still lingering?

What experiences have you been able to “name” or “reframe” that have helped you being working through a valley in your life?

What experiences have you been able to share with a listening partner that have allowed you to take the next step of growth or healing?

What are some new things that you would like to try in the new year?

Based on what you learned this year, what new relationships would you like to seek out, what boundaries around current relationships need to be established or what relationships need to be let go?

What are some things you would like to leave behind from this last year?

How are you learning to live in the present moment in new ways?

How are you keeping a learning posture by reviewing your day, week, year?

What would you like to pull forward into the new year?

What other questions will help you “review your year?”

Please, as always, feel free to post your thoughts or what you have learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment