Sunday, January 23, 2011

what's the name of your blog?

So as I listen to a song this morning...I am contemplating on the exact name of my blog: Growing takes time.
I am experiencing a period of frustration in growth right now. It's partly because my patience runs thin with myself in grief. So often we want to move out of what seems bad, hard, sad and move on towards good feelings. I want to "feel" better.
Last week I lost a very dear and close friend to me. I had the privilege and honor of mentoring her. In that unique relationship, I not only shared my knowledge, but constantly learned new things about  myself, life, love, and others. Heather changed my life for the better, for good.
But, I was challenged by my close friend Brooke, to really mourn well. To take the time to cry and wear black and feel sad or angry. And I feel like part of that happened, but I don't want to rush it. The feeling better part that is.  Because there is something to be learned in the moments of grief. Growth can take place in any area of our life, in any situation, in any circumstance, IF WE LET IT.
I spoke to my friend Justin this morning about realigning our feelings with the truth. That thoughts are And again, I wonder, what does it look like to have a pure and real emotional response? One that's aligned with the truth and to remain in it for the time it needs to be remained in? I feel like that happened.
and again, I say it to myself, growing takes time. I know people struggle with grief. I struggle with grief. We weren't taught how to grieve well. Mourn. So, I am taking time and giving myself time to grow in this area.
What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment