Tuesday, February 22, 2011

patience with my hair...

Oh, and it's the same right now with my hair. I want to cut it. But thank goodness, patience comes in many forms. Clean up my layers, wear it pulled back a lot. Often. Almost every day. And sometimes this is what it takes. Patience in learning...growing. Teaching yourself things to help you get through. To the next part. Because lately, my patience is running super thin. Do I bleach it? Do I color it? What would keep it the healthiest for the grow out process...so many things coming into play now a days. And not just with my hair.
Lately, in my life this has taken on a waiting period. But there is movement even in the waiting. There is growth that happens when we pull it back and take care of our hair, our lives. In the patience stage where it takes everything not to cut. it. all. off.
Yesterday I was cleaning my house. The entire house. And I came upon not one, but two pair of clippers. Like mens barber shop clippers. And I thought to myself not once, but twice(I think you see the image now)
"you could totally shave it all off Kristen."
And the second time I even picked up the clipper and really considered it. It would be like beginning again. A totally fresh palette. A new beginning spot. The idea is great, but there are things at play here that wouldn't really help with this conceptual dream of mine.
#1). I have gray hair. So, even if I shaved it off to the point of like a "1" or a "2" which is SUPER short...the gray would still be there. And this is not a clean palette.
#2). A means to an end. I think not. THIS IDEA IS NOTHING WHAT I WANT.

So, I quickly learned a lesson in that strange avant garde moment...keep my eyes on the prize. The goal is long hair. The avenue...I don't know yet really how.
Back to my house cleaning...
I was reminded on a lesson I learned this summer. Or should I say relearned or put into practice. Surround yourself with things that will remind you of your wants, your goals.
I want long hair. Tomorrow I am going to make a poster of girls with long hair like I want.
I am also going to decorate my art room and make it a place I want to hang out. If this means spending a little cash, so be it.
Growing takes time...LOL
yes it does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment